Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wrap It Up

I need to hear some thoughts on these "wraps" that the WPS unveiled at its fashion show in New York this February. Don't get me wrong, I love Project Runway like the rest of the women (and gay men) of the world, but I'm not sure why we have to bring Christian Siriano onto the playing field.

In an article written on the WPS website, Summer Sanders is quoted saying, "As a former athlete and as a woman, I know that there is always a struggle to have a uniform, in my case a swimsuit, that helps you achieve peak performance, is comfortable and also allows you to feel fashionable at the same time."

I guess my question is...would you ever think of creating anything but a swimsuit for a swimmer? No. So why would you think to put a soccer player in anything but shorts and a jersey?

Slide tackle someone in a skirt and then come talk to me about achieving peak performance while looking your best.

I'm sorry PUMA. Love your stuff, but I think the skorts need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment