Friday, April 10, 2009

Smith Writes DailyMail Column

Thanks to a Twitter tip I received tonight, I am able to bring you an article by Kelly Smith from Sportsmail Online. Apparently, she'll be writing for them weekly!

Though the column talks about everything from Smith's experiences in the WUSA and WPS, and her thoughts on the upcoming match against St. Louis, I think my favorite part is : "There has been some debate about players updating their status during matches...Your mind isn't focused on the game or with your team-mates when you're on the phone or whatever, typing updates. You won't catch me doing that." It's always great when a pro player validates your opinion!

Kelly Smith and the Boston Breakers host St. Louis Athletica this Saturday, April 11, at 7pmEST. For those of you in Boston, head on over to Harvard Stadium and get your tickets.

Other games this weekend are: Sky Blue FC vs FC Gold Pride (which I'll be attending) and the Chicago Red Stars vs Washington Freedom (airing live on FSC @6pmEST).

Interested in following Kelly Smith on Twitter: http://twitter.com/kjs8eng

No comments:

Post a Comment